Monday, September 07, 2009

True romance

The three most romantic things D has ever done:

Less than a year after D & I were married I went on a sea kayaking trip without him. On the first day, as I climbed out of the kayak in the surf, I felt my wedding ring slide off my icy finger into churning water. Everyone searched for it for hours but we didn't find it. That night I rang D and he said "I'll get my ring split in half." It was the perfect solution. I lost my original ring forever but I still have a ring from our wedding which I wear every day. Except when kayaking.

Two years ago D & I were getting ready for a wedding. I was getting dressed and he was ironing his favorite shirt. Then I came out of the bedroom and he gazed at me admiringly for so long he burnt his shirt. (I have blogged this story before, here).

A few weeks ago I was feeling self-conscious about my facial hair. I told D that I don't like it because it seems such a masculine thing. He said it isn't masculine, more matriarchal. Matriarchal I can handle.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the dress story... D is sweet:-)

Anonymous said...

NTS is the short form of National Testing System and NTS is the reputable organization of the country Pakistan which has the authority to take an aptitude test for the willing students to be able to get the desired job or get admission in the universities recognize by the HEC higher education commission of Pakistan.

https://ntsjobslatest.com