Saturday, February 24, 2007

Huey, Dewey and ...

I've just finished re-reading Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold (which is was originally published as two books, Shards of Honor and Barrayar). Some of my gentle readers will appreciate knowing that it is great action sci-fi, some that it is an interesting, romantic love story and some that in the afterword she writes "Shards of Honor and Barrayar between them contain most of what I presently have to say about being a mother".

This snippet tickled my fancy:
He looked grandfatherly--though only if one's grandfather was a research professor. His face was held together with an intensity of intellect that seemed to give the term "military intelligence" real clout.
To appreciate why you have to understand that my father, H & K's grandfather, is a research professor. Although he is not my mental image of a professor which has always been my Uncle Donald, who looks like Professor Branestawm, and is similarly endearingly absent minded.



This is the second post on my Wikifamily, the first is here.

No comments: